Since We are sharing some posts related to Land Records and documents, here is another post related to land property in which we are going to talk about Patta and Chitta, How to apply for Patta Chitta online and Check Status.
If you are living in Tamil Nadu, then this post is gonna be very helpful for you guys. Patta and Chitta are land property records which are maintained by Tamil Nadu government. These documents are legal and issued by Tamil Government which are very useful in Property related transactions like property transfer, property pledge, property legal opinion etc.
What is Patta?
Patta is used to contain government record of Land owner’s information, Land area, location (District, Taluk and Village) and survey detail. If you are buying land in Tamil Nadu, you need to verify patta documents which ensures that you are buying from rightful property owner as per government.
Government of Tami Nadu has computerized data of it which you can get from official website http://eservices.tn.gov.in.
What is Chitta?
It is land revenue document related to immovable document which is maintained by Village Administrative Officer (VAO) and the Taluk office. Chitta classifies land into Wetland(Nanjai) and Dry land (Punjai) and contains property owner’s details. It is very useful while sorting out restrictions placed on the end use of land.
Since 2015 both documents are merged into a single document with all details of both by Tamil Government.
How to Apply for Patta Chitta online status?
Since both document were merged into single and computerized, now everyone living in Tamil Nadu can apply for patta chitta online. Follow the steps below –
- First of all visit to their official website by clicking here.
- Now select the very first option View Patta & FMB / Chitta / TSLR Extract.
- On next page, select your district, Area type (Rural or Urban) according to your land property and hit submit.
- Now a new page will open asking more details such as Taluk, Village, View patta/chitta using Patta number or Survey number, View(FMB or Patta/Chitta). Fill all the details with correct information.
- If you are viewing it by Survey number you need to fill sub division number also.
- Now finally enter captcha and hit the Submit button.
Check Validity of Patta?
In order to check Validity of Patta which is issued by government : Click here
Other Land Related(Mahabhulekh, Bhunaksha) Articles:
- Maharashtra Bhumi Abhilekh
- UP Bhulekh, Bhunaksha Online
- Chhattisgarh Bhuiya online
- Meebhoomi Adangal App
If you want to check FMB map then procedure to check FMB is almost same as to check Patta/Chitta online. You have to choose FMB instead and Submit.
If you have queries regarding this post, or have questions, do let me know in the comment section. I will answer them and solve your queries ASAP.